Frequently asked questions
Changing licenses or subscriptions
Would you like to change the number of licenses, switch to another edition or cancel your subscription? Submit your request via this form and we will quickly process it for you.
How often does the Office 365 integration run ?
The integration runs on average every 15 to 20 minutes. There is neither a fixed frequency nor a fixed time at which the integration is running. This is because the integration works on the principle of a queue and it can sometimes be busier depending on the number of bookings offered back and forth between Timewax and Office 365. The first synchronization between a Timewax and an Office 365 account takes more time.
The integration with Office 365 does not seem to work
It is possible that the integration between your Office and Timewax account is automatically deactivated. This can have two causes:
- You have changed your password in Office
- Your administrator has changed certain rights in Office
In Timewax, go to Settings at the top right of the menu to reactivate the integration .
Furthermore, it is important for the 2-way integration that your user has all rights in Timewax to add, modify and delete bookings. Otherwise there may be differences between bookings in Timewax and appointments in Outlook.
Saving with Office 365 add-in sometimes takes a long time
This problem can occur on the desktop version of Outlook on Windows. This is due to a cache setting that Microsoft sets by default on the desktop software. As a result, saving using the Timewax add-in can sometimes take more than 10 seconds.
To speed up saving, adjust the cache setting as follows:
- Go to your account settings in Outlook
- Select your (email) account
- Click on the tab "Change".
- In this screen you can disable the cache setting (see screenshot).
Notification "Need Admin approval" when activating Office 365 integration
This is up to the admin settings of the Office 365. With the following steps you can solve this:
- Have the admin of your Office 365 environment log in.
- Click on 'Manage'
- Click on 'Settings > Services and additions > Integrated apps
- Tick 'Let people in your organization decide if third party apps can access their information'.
Notification Google Calendar: "Logging in with Google is temporarily disabled".
When you connect to your Google Calendar, you may get the message "Google login is temporarily disabled for this app". This is caused by a security setting in your Google account. In order to allow Timewax you need to go through the following steps:
- Log in with G-Suite's administrator account.
- On the Administrator Console homepage, go to Security -> API controls.
- Select "Manage third-party app access".
- Look up Timewax in the list.
- Select Timewax and click on "Change access".
- Change the access to "Trusted".
If Timewax is not in the list, go through the following steps:
- Click on "Configure a new app".
- Select the option Oauth App Name or Client ID.
- Type in "Timewax" and click search.
- Select Timewax to add it.
As soon as these settings have been adjusted, you can connect your Google Calendar.
I can't select my project in the planning board and the calendar
If you've created a new project and you can't select it in the Planning Board or the Calendar, then this may have one or more of the following causes:
- As a user, you have no rights to see the project. Check the Data Security section in the master data of the resource.
- On the master data of the project the option 'Block bookings' is checked.
- No activity has been added to the project.
- The activities within the project do not have the option 'Resource bookings' enabled.
I can't drag in the planning board on my laptop with Touch function
This usually happens on a laptop with Touch function when using Chrome. Chrome has taken out the Touch API in update 78, which controls the drag-and-drop process. You can still activate it in the following way.
- Go to Chrome's shortcut on your desktop.
- Right mouse click the Chrome Shortcut
- Go to Properties.
- Change the Target link to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -touch events
Note: you only need to add the bold printed section to the current target. Don't forget to put the "space" in front of it.
This ensures that every time you open Chrome with the desktop shortcut that Touch is on Force Enabled. Now you can drag and drop into the scheduling board again.
Not possible to log in and I don't get a reset email
In this case, it is highly likely that you are no longer identified as a user in Timewax or that your email address is incorrect or has been changed. In this case, contact your Timewax administrator and have your master data checked.
You must be ticked as a user and the email address must be correct. If this is the case, have your administrator send you the login details again. Check your junk email folder if you do not receive anything yet.
I get a blank screen when resetting my password
This is usually the case when resetting on a mobile or tablet. A blank screen is caused by the mobile browser you are using. Our application is not optimized for mobile web browsers, because we work with native apps. To solve this you will need to set the browser to desktop mode.
For iOS from IOS 13
- Open the website on your iPhone or iPad in Safari
- Tap the aA button in the address bar
- Choose for 'Ask for desktop site
Do you still have iOS 12 or earlier? Then put your finger on the rotating arrow in the address bar, wait a few moments, and then tap "Ask for Desktop Site.
- Open the link in Chrome
- Press the three dots, this will take you to settings.
- Check 'Request desktop version'.
This will refresh the website and give you the opportunity to change your password.
How do I clear my browser's cache?
After an update in Timewax, it may be necessary to empty your browser's cache to make sure you can take advantage of all the improved and new features. The cache ensures that a website is fetched faster, but it does sometimes fetch an old version of a web page. Depending on the type of browser you have to empty the cache in the following way:
- In Chrome click on more (the button with the three vertical dots next to the URL bar)
- Click on Settings
- Click on 'Advanced'
- Click on 'Clear Browser data' so that a pop-up appears
- Choose the period you want to delete, we recommend a period of at least 7 days
- Select the data you want to delete. To empty the cache, at least the option 'cached images and files' must be ticked
- Click on 'Delete browsing data
- Click on the three dots
- Click on Settings
- Go to 'Delete browser data'.
- Click on 'Cached data and files'
- Make sure 'Data and files in cache' is checked
- Click on delete
Internet Explorer 10 and 11
- Click on 'Tools' via the blue/grey cogwheel
- Click on 'Safety'
- Click on 'Delete browsing history'
- Select 'Temporary internet and website files'
- Click on 'Delete'
- Open the menu by clicking on the 3 stripes in the top right corner.
- Click on 'Preferences'
- Click on 'Privacy & Security' on the left side.
- Scroll to the History menu and select 'Delete History...'.
- Select 'Always' at time period and tick 'Buffer'.
- Click on 'Delete now'
In order to empty the cache in Safari, the Developer menu must first be enabled. If this menu is already enabled, you can start at step 4.
- Click on Safari in the menu bar
- Go to 'Preferences' and then to the 'Advanced' tab
- Check the option 'Show developer menu in menu bar' at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose in the menu 'Develop'
- Click on 'Empty cache'. The cache will now be emptied without further warning.
- Click on the timer-icon in the menu
- Select "Delete browser data...
- Choose 'Temporarily saved images and files'.
- Click on 'Delete data
Video tutorials on scheduling resources, handling resource requests, setting up notifications, monitoring progress and reporting with Queries and Utilization.
Video tutorials on project planning, schedulung, requesting resources, approving hours, notifications and reports with queries and dashboards.
Video tutorials on approving leave application, time sheets, requesting resources, notifications and reporting with queries, utilization and dashboards.
Video tutorials on how to apply for leave, time sheets, the integration with you calendar in Outlook/Google, notifications and how to report the progress of activities.
Video tutorials on configuring master data and configuring features such as leave applications, time sheets, progress reporting, Office 365 and Analytics.